Finally I have a new workout for you! This week has been a little hectic with me getting ready for my USA trip etc … not long now 😀
Anyway. This workout was so tough for me today because all week I have been suffering various levels of DOMS from my new hypertrophy-style training. For whatever reason (a combination between mindset and change of training), I seem to have gotten a bit leaner over the past few weeks. While it wasn’t a major goal, I am very happy that it’s happened without me needing to focus on it. That said, I am sure it will all be undone as soon as I see the food in Nia’s mum’s house LOL … real Kentucky food 😛
There are two evil sections to this workout. The first consists mostly of Kettlebell skill and strength exercises, with set reps and strict focus on form. The second section is Kettlebell and Body Weight Interval Training for conditioning.
Complete 3 rounds of the following 6 exercises with the set repetitions.
- Double Kettlebell Clean to Squat to Press x 5 reps (started with 2 x 16kg, then dropped down to 2 x 14kg)
- Double Kettlebell Single-Leg Deadlifts (right) x 5 reps (started with 2 x 24kg, then dropped down to 2 x 20kg)
- Same on Left
- Kettlebell Snatch (right) x 5 reps (16kg)
- Same on Left
- Pull Ups x 5 reps
Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 18 cycles of 15 seconds rest and 45 effort. Then complete 3 rounds of the following 6 exercises. My weights and reps per exercises are recorded below.
- Two-Handed Kettlebell Swing (24kg) (30, 29, 30)
- Burpees (13, 12, 11)
- Renegade Row (2 x 16kg) (18, 17, 17)
- Stand-Kneel-Stand (sorry Mickela) (right) (20kg) (13, 14, 13)
- Same on Left (13, 13, 13)
- Vertical Pull Burpee (20kg) (11, 12, 11)
Although I really enjoyed this workout, I was a little annoyed that my SI Joint was bothering me in the single-leg Deadlifts. It has flared up a bit in the last week, so I need to go a little easier until the pain subsides.
It was still fun though because the first section was a bit different from the “norm”… even with the snatches 😉
Hope you all enjoy it too.
PS- Next video will be from USA 😀