On Friday (I think) it was a lovely clear day here and I planned an outdoor workout for a change. By the time I got my arse in gear and away from Facebook, it was starting to get dark and the sun never made it round to my back garden. But still I persevered and filmed this 18 minute Kettlebell Conditioning Circuit.
I missed the second half of round two on the film because I mustn’t have pressed the record button hard enough, so I only have footage from rounds 1 and 3.
Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 18 cycles of 15 seconds recovery and 45 seconds effort. Complete 3 rounds of the following 6 exercises.
The exercises are fairly straight-forward today, except number 4. This combo can only be done if your home or gym set-up allows it. If not, you can always leave the Pull-Up out and add it in as a bridging exercise between rounds. Or add a 7th exercise and do Bent Over Rows.
I only used one 20kg Kettlebell for this workout. My reps per exercise are in brackets.
- Goblet Squat (16, 15, 15)
- Contra-Lateral Single-Leg Romanian Deadlift (left leg, right arm) (19, 18, 18) – not feeling as strong with my form in these today. Note the problems I had keeping the rear leg straight and still. Darn hip tightness!
- Same on right leg with weight in left hand (21, 20, 20)
- Burpee to Pull-Up (6.5, 5, 5) – how pathetic was my jumping LOL!
- Two-Handed KB Swing (33, 33, 32)
- Vertical Swing / Pull Burpee (13, 12, 11.5) – on fire with these 😀
And that’s that!
It may not have been a very creative design, but it got me off my butt and out in the very fresh air to exercise!
Oh and when I took my Vibrams off, all toes were accounted for 😉
I have two new workouts in the pipeline. One is a NEW beginner’s workout series and the other is a Booty-Making gem of a workout. For anyone wanting to build a strong, beautiful behind, then I show you just the thing to do it!