When I arrived in from work, I was so excited to see Bret Contreras had posted a list of 13 hard-training “Beautiful Badasses”, who are all training for optimal strength and performance, which I think everyone here will appreciate! Even better is that I am on that list 😀 😀 😀 … Given the caliber of the other 12 women, I am super-pleased to have been included!
You can check out Bret’s post “Where-my-Ladies-at” here.
I just love the term “Beautiful Badass” – it just sounds super cool!
Anyway, after seeing all the video clips of these amazing women train, I HAD to put together some sort of workout to satisfy my sudden motivation 🙂
This is a conditioning workout, so it is great to add-on to a strength session, use as a “filler” or just when you feel like doing something (like I did). Each round lasts 8 minutes, so you can choose how long it lasts. I decided to do 2 rounds (given I was also very tired).
Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for say 16 cycles of 15 seconds rest and 45 effort and complete 2 rounds (min) of the following 8 exercises:
- Alternating KB High Deficit Reverse Lunge (16kg, 20kg) (19, 13)
- Side to Side Step Ups (48, 46)
- KB Vertical Swing Burpee (20kg, 24kg) (10, 7)
- Two-Handed KB Swing (20kg, 24kg) ( 30, 25)
- Feet-Elevated Plank Climber (21, 19)
- KB Alternating Bent Over Row (20kg) (12, 11)
- Alternating Single-Leg Hip Thrusts (21, 20)
- Side to Side Step Ups (45, 42)
Loved this workout! Just what I needed. In future I will add more rounds to make it a total sweat-bath, but I really tried to increase the weight when possible and advance all of the exercises.
Hope you will all embrace the Beautiful Badass within 😀
Cheers all, have fun!