At Christmas it is difficult to find time to do our usual training and it’s easy to get distracted and maybe forgo that workout you’d planned. While I actually think that’s is quite alright to do this at Christmas, as a few days off never did anyone any harm, I do like to add in the odd spot of training when I can.
So, yesterday I thought to set myself a little challenge to beat by Pull Up and Push Up scores from one of my last workouts. The I thought of a handy way to add weight to these exercises.
My numbers again:
- Pull Ups – BW x 7 reps (+ 2 on my last attempt)
- Close Grip Push Ups – BW x 24 reps (+ 5 on my last attempt)
- Pull Ups – BW+3kg x 3 reps
- Close Grip Push Ups – BW+3kg x 10 reps (I think I had one more rep in me)
- Pull Ups – BW+6kg x 2 reps (very hard)
- Close Grip Push Ups – BW+6kg x 9 reps (total max out)
I was very pleased with the results today. As you can see my numbers significantly drop even with 3 kg. In the gym I have been doing more weighted chin ups and I can manage more reps on the thinner bar there. I have also been doing weighted Dips, which feels totally badass 😀 This has really helped me increase my BW reps in my upper body push / pull routines!
After I did this I performed a short 21 min Conditioning Workout that I will post tomorrow.
Hope you enjoy the video 😀
And feel free to let me know if you do the challenge yourself or try the progression.