Firstly, I apologise for the corniest workout title in history, but COME ON – who doesn’t love Star Trek and of course the great Vulcan himself, Spock 😀 (guess who loves Sci-Fi …)! But I think this saying and even the original have a very valid and fitting application here 🙂
Swiftly moving on, this post has to be brief because I have so much to do today, what with getting ready to go to Munich tomorrow!! Because I have been on 3 shifts in a row, I haven’t had the time to post a new workout until now, so I HOPE you all enjoy this one.
My goal (although a tad ambitious) is to upload a Body Weight workout from Munich, but we will see how things go LOL! I will however update you on my shenanigans over the weekend, as it is my 29th Birthday on Saturday! So PARTY TIME for me 😀
Today I decided to give you a workout more focused on strength exercises with a little extra sumthin sumthin! The focus is also on the lower body and glutes (of course).
Don’t get too excited though, because you will likely curse me from here to eternity for the final combo :-/ and then wish me to stay parted from my KBs forEVER! ha!
For me, this was a really challenging workout to get through because it involved a lot of technical skill and mental focus, because I was using either advanced variations or advanced weights. Add that to 3 nights shifts and you will understand why I look like I’m turning 39 not 29 in this video 🙁 Still, I managed to pull it off and deliver you all a great challenge before I head to warmer lands (or at least they better be warmer, or I will start to think there is an actual black cloud following ME around).
There are 3 Combos of exercises with one Bridging Exercise in between. Complete 3 rounds of each Combo before moving to the Bridging Exercise and so on. The Combos are a mixture of strength and conditioning exercises, set reps, set times and a lot of will-power!
Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for one interval of either 30 seconds, 45 seconds or 1 min, depending on your fitness level.
Try when possible to progress the weight or challenge through each round. My weights and reps are in brackets.
- TGU x 1 rep each side (14kg)
- Double KB Front Squat (2 x 16kg x 10 reps) (2 x 16kg x 8 reps) (2 x 20kg x 5 reps)
- Two-Handed KB Swing x 1 min (20kg each round) (36, 35, 35)
- TGU x 1 rep each side (16kg)
- Double KB Single-Leg Deadlift (right and left) (2 x 16kg x 12 reps) (2 x 20kg x 8 reps) (2 x 24kg x 5 reps)
- Two-Sumo Jump Burpees x 1 min (14, 13, 14)
- TGU x 1 rep each side (20kg)
- Single-Leg Hip Thrust (right and left) x 15 reps each round (please see my Glute Journey Tutorial for regression/progression advice)
- Stand-Kneel-Stand (right) x 1 min (Round 1 and 2 with 16kg x about 18 reps) (round 3 with 20kg x 13 reps)
- Stand-Kneel-Stand (left) x 1 min (as above, minus 1 rep with the 20kg)
- TGU x 1 rep each side (24kg)
Well, that’s it for today. I have run out of things to say and, possibly the ability to string two coherant words together will also leave me soon as I seriously need a nap!
Talk to you all soon