Very quick update today. I meant to post this on Thursday, but as usual work was mad, with me being in HDU still, so I have been so tired! Thankfully have a few nights off, so I am able to get caught up in all my work here 🙂
Couplets at their best today! Conditioning with kettlebells and body weight and it’s all over in less than half an hour – talk about bang for your buck 😉
There are 4 couplets and the aim is to perform 3 rounds of each couplet before moving on. Make sense?
Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 6 cycles of 20 seconds recovery and 40 seconds effort. You can adjust these times if you need more or less recovery. For me, this intensity was enough on Thursday because I was already pretty beat.
Remember 3 rounds of the couplet BEFORE moving to the next. Although this is just a template, I think it works better, as a change, to do it this way 🙂 My weights and reps per exercise are in brackets as always.
- Goblet Squat (x20kg) (16, 15, 13)
- Two-Handed KB Swing (x20kg) (28, 28, 27)
- Renegade Rows (2x16kg) (16,15,14)
- Burpees (12, 12, 10)
- Alternating Deficit Reverse Lunge (x20kg) (12, 11, 9) – these were tough
- Weighted Dynamic Squats (x6kg) (29, 26, 24) – goodness, these were a killer!!
- Vertical Swing Burpee (x20kg) (12, 12, 11)
- Roundabout Swings (x20kg) (26, 22, 26) – got distracted half way through LOL!
That’s it for today. What a great wee workout, I really enjoyed this the second time round. When I did it first (last Sunday) I was busted. Second time round, it was intense but fun 😀
Hope you all enjoy it just as much.
Oh btw, before I forget, for those who didn’t see the update on my last post, I think it’s worth mentioning my cool news again 🙂 MyoMyTV was listed by Shape.com as one of the Top 10 Workout Videos on YouTube. Can’t argue with that 😉