The weather here has turned once more and we are back to “normal” May temperatures 🙁 But the word on the street is that the sunshine is coming back 😀 😀 😀 We.will.see.
Yesterday I ventured into the gym for a leg session, and the place was so warm that it made even loading and off-loading the bar a workout by itself! The original plan (lets call it Plan A) was to do Front Squats, RDLs, and Glute Bridge/Hip Thrusts. What actually happened was Plan B – Front Squats *check!*, Glute Bridges and Hip Thrusts *check check* …. RDLs? – NO CHANCE! Well, today I can hardly walk! Oh my poor quads. Anyway, I got some footage of the session and I will post it in a few days, with a breakdown, so you can see exactly why my legs are in bits!
Moving swiftly on, today’s workout is actually one I did last Thursday (because I anticipated my busy weekend, I got ahead of myself and filmed in advance *pats self on back*). This was another killer in the sun.
I was asked to make some longer workouts, so I decided that I would increase the interval times as one way of achieving this; secondly you can see I added more exercises than usual, and finally you can always add more rounds … (“You” referring to those crazy folk who enjoy pain and suffering) LOL!
Set your Gymboss Classic Interval Timer for 8 cycles of 25 seconds recovery and 1 min effort (note: I did the rounds separately to allow more recovery in between). Do as many rounds of the following 8 exercises as you feel like; I did 2!
My reps per exercise and weights used are noted below in brackets:
- Thruster (right) (16kg) (16, 14)
- Thruster (left) (16kg) (15, 14)
- Side to Side Steps (with 6kg) (59, 56) – DEATH!
- Renegade Row and Push-Up Combo (2 x 16kg) (8, 8 ) – 1 rep = 1 row each side + push-up
- Alternating Single-Leg Hip Thrust (28, 25) – my left hip was not extending as well as my right, due to SI/glute Pain 🙁
- Jump Rope (free-style) (didn’t count)
- Two-Handed KB Swing (24kg) (36, 35)
- Burpee to Pull Up Combo (8, 6) – these are so tough!
This workout was an absolute killer! I thought at times (Thrusters, Steps and Swings), I was going to throw up! Thankfully I didn’t. Felt great afterwards though 🙂
Hope you all enjoy this one – let me know your experience below.