The last 2 days have been great for me! I have had very little pain and I managed to do one of the best training sessions in the gym on Friday morning. I did Skull-Crushers for the first time in ages and my triceps are still sore!
At the minute, I think my training is going so well because I am NOT trying to push out MAX weights. I am going moderately heavy but working on form and reps to improve my strength endurance and overall performance.
I respect my strength enough not to test it all the time! Very important lesson, which I have only just learned.
For this reason I am enjoying the exercises more and I feel I am getting more from them because I am not as sore or drained the next day. There will be the occasion when I will test my 1RMs (one rep max) again, but until then I intend on being creative with the KBs and Barbell.
Today is a Kettlebell and Body Weight day and the workout is going to blow you away! Or at least it better, or I have seriously lost condition LOL!
Guess what’s back? TRIPLETS!!!!! Heheheee (evil laugh)
That’s right, there are FOUR sections of 3 exercises (triplets). You perform 3 rounds of each triplet before performing 1 round of a bridging exercise. Then you move on to the next Triplet. The first 3 Triplets are a mixture of Set-Reps and Set Times and will mix a little strength and conditioning. The final Triplet is Pure Conditioning/Torture and will be performed as interval training, again 3 rounds.
As I was aiming for higher reps (between 8 and 15), I used moderate weights throughout. If you want to go heavier, then feel free – the workout can be easily adapted to suit any goal.
Also remember you can take this workout into the gym and adapt it for the Barbell!
- Kettlebell Single-Leg Deadlift (left) x 8 – 12 reps (2 x 16kg) (12, 12, 12)
- Kettlebell Single-Leg Deadlift (right) x 8 – 12 reps (as above)
- Side to Side Step Ups x 1 min (63, 60, 61)
After 3 rounds of the above, complete one set of the following “Bridging Exercise”:
- Weighted Squat Hold x 1 min – eek! (16kg)
- Single-Arm Row (left) x 8 – 12 reps (20kg) (10, 8, 8 )
- Single-Arm Row (right) x 8 – 12 reps (as above)
- Elevated Plank Climber x 1 min (28, 25, 23)
Again, after the 3 round of the above exercises, complete one set of:
- Diagonal Knee Tucks x 1 min (didn’t count)
- Wide Stance Goblet Squat x 8 – 12 reps (24kg) (12, 11, 9)
- Single-Leg Hip Thrust (left) x 12 – 15 reps (15, 15, 15 )
- Single-Leg Hip Thrust (right) x 12 – 15 reps (15, 15, 15)
After 3 rounds of the above complete the following:
- Side Plank Raises (right and left) x 1 minute each side (16 left, 17 right) :/
Triplet 4 – (evil conditioning)
Set your Gymboss Interval Timer for 9 cycles of 15 seconds rest and 45 seconds effort and complete 3 rounds of the following torture:
- Stand-Kneel-Stand (left) (16kg) (15, 14, 12)
- Stand-Kneel-Stand (right) (14, 13, 12)
- KB Swings (any variety) (20kg) (31 two-handed, 26 roundabout, 30 two-handed)
Hope you all enjoy this workout as much as I did. Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Have a great day!